Relocating to Washington, DC
The Washington, DC Metro area may be known for its museums and monuments, but it's so much more than that. It's a mixture of unique neighborhoods, buzzing culinary scenes, thousands of acres of green spaces, and all the amenities you could need. In short, DC is truly a one-of-a-kind place to call home. Whether you're relocating from a nearby state or from across the country, We want to help you find the perfect Washington, DC Metro home in the perfect neighborhood. Questions? Contact Us at any time.
Why Should You Relocate to Washington, DC?
Tons of Things to Do
Whether you're looking for the hottest food trends, a buzzing local arts scene, or a park filled with green space, you'll never run out of new sights and sounds in the Washington, DC Metro area. Come explore the area!
DC truly boasts a diverse array of home styles—stunning historic districts, walkable urban centers, cozy single-family homes removed from the hustle and bustle... and so much more. Get to know a few DC Metro areas!
Home-Buying Made Easy
Buying a home can be a stressful process. From understanding the confusing jargon to dealing with the paperwork, We're here to help you through the process. Get started with these handy resources!
Featured DC Homes for Sale
Washington, DC at a Glance
From Downtown DC to Downtown Bethesda: 24 mins
From Downtown DC to Downtown Foggy Bottom: 8 mins
From Downtown DC to Downtown Chevy Chase: 22 mins
Airport: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
DC Median Price: $506,100
Bethesda Median Price: $858,800
Chevy Chase Median Price: $ 887,100
Communities of the Washington, DC Metro
Just a few miles from the heart of DC, Bethesda offers a blend of expansive local parks and big-city perks in a charming suburban community.
A small suburb tucked between the bustling Bethesda and DC areas, Chevy Chase is filled with notable residents and luxurious homes.
A riverside neighborhood just minutes from Central DC, Foggy Bottom is conveniently located minutes from Rock Creek Park and the Kennedy Center.
Popular Home Features
DC Helpful Relocation Tips
With the right resources and the right real estate professional on your side, you'll have the keys to your new home in no time. Use a few of these tips to help ease along your moving process.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Begin planning for your relocation at least a month or two before your move. The sooner you can pack and coordinate with the moving company, the better. During this stage, be sure to...
- Stock up on packing materials. Boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are great choices.
- Start small. Begin by packing one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.
- Be selective about what you pack. Host a yard sale to get rid of any unused items, or consider donating to a local charity.
- Review all moving documents before signing. This is vital if you are planning to use professional movers.
As Moving Day Approaches
In the days and weeks leading up to your move, finish packing all of your belongings into boxes. Don't forget to...
- Label everything. Consider marking each box by the room it belongs to.
- Pack fragile items last. Be sure to wrap glassware in bubble wrap, towels, or unused clothing for extra protection.
During the Move
On moving day, keep as much important information within reach as possible. That way, you'll have easy access to the essentials if you need to get to them quickly. Be sure to...
- Prepare an "essentials bag". This can include a change of clothes, paperwork, medications, and a phone charger.
- Make an "Open Me First" box. Pack items like toilet paper, instant coffee, and a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress just in case you beat the moving truck to your new home.
- Wait to unpack. Once you arrive to your new home, take the time to clean your home while it's empty.
Relocate to The DC Area with an Expert
You'll never get tired of exploring the endless things to do in the DC area. As your local real estate expert, We can help you find your dream home here quickly and easily. Connect with us and let's talk about your home buying plans.