Relocating to the Washington, DC Metro Area
The Washington, DC Metro area may be known for its museums and monuments, but it's so much more than that. With a mixture of unique neighborhoods, a buzzing culinary scene, acres of green spaces, and all the amenities you could need, DC is a one-of-a-kind place to call home. Whether you're relocating from a nearby state or from across the country, it's easier than ever to find the perfect Washington, DC Metro home in the perfect neighborhood — just browse this relocation guide!
Why Should You Relocate to Washington, DC?
Tons of Things to Do
Whether you're looking for the hottest food trends, a buzzing local arts scene, or a park filled with green space, you'll never run out of new sights and sounds in the Washington, DC Metro area. Explore the area a little more to see all there is to do!
With stunning homes in historical districts, places in the middle of the city, and cozy homes removed from the hustle and bustle, there are a wide variety of neighborhoods available to choose from. Get to know a few DC Metro areas!
Home-Buying Made Easy
We know better than anyone that home-buying can be a stressful process. From understanding the confusing jargon to dealing with the paperwork, our team is here to help you throughout the process. Check out these handy resources!
Featured DC Homes for Sale
There’s an easier way to keep up with new listings in the DC area. Save your searches, save favorite properties, and sign up for new listing alerts by creating your personal Property Organizer account today.
Washington, DC at a Glance
From Downtown DC to Downtown Bethesda: 24 mins
From Downtown DC to Downtown Foggy Bottom: 8 mins
From Downtown DC to Downtown Chevy Chase: 22 mins
Airport: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
DC Median Price: $506,100
Bethesda Median Price: $858,800
Chevy Chase Median Price: $ 887,100
Communities of the Washington, DC Metro Area
From stunning suburban areas to modern neighborhoods in the city, explore more about the communities around the DC Metro Area, and find your perfect home here!
A small community tucked between the bustling Bethesda and DC areas, Chevy Chase is filled with notable residents and luxurious homes.
A riverside neighborhood just minutes from Central DC, Foggy Bottom is conveniently located minutes from Rock Creek Park and the Kennedy Center.
Popular Home Features
I know the Washington, DC Metro area like the back of my hand, so I can help you find your dream home.
DC Helpful Relocation Tips
With the right resources and the right real estate professional on your side, you'll have the keys to your Washington, DC Metro area home in no time. Use a few of these tips to help ease along your moving process.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Begin planning for your relocation at least a month or two before your move. The sooner you can pack and coordinate with the moving company, the better. During this stage, be sure to...
- Stock up on packing materials — boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are great choices
- Start small — begin packing one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed
- Be selective about what you pack — host a yard sale to get rid of any unused items, or consider donating to a local charity
- Review all moving documents before signing — this is vital if you are planning to use professional movers
As Moving Day Approaches
In the days and weeks leading up to your move, finish packing all of your belongings into boxes. Don't forget to...
- Label everything — consider marking each box by the room it belongs to
- Pack fragile items last — be sure to wrap glassware in bubble wrap, towels, or winter clothing for extra protection
During the Move
On Moving Day, keep as much important information within reach as possible. That way, you'll have easy access to the essentials if you need to get to them quickly. Be sure to...
- Prepare an "essentials bag" — this can include a change of clothes, paperwork, medications, and a phone charger
- Make an "open me first" box — pack items like toilet paper, instant coffee, and a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress just in case you beat the moving truck to your new home
- Wait to unpack — once you arrive to your new home, take the time to clean your home while it's empty
Relocate to The DC Area with an Expert
You'll never get tired of exploring the endless things to do in the DC area. As your local real estate expert, I can help you find your dream home here quickly and easily. Connect with me and let's talk about your home buying plans.